Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early christmas notebook from wifey

I recieved an early christmas present from wifey this past saturday. She brought it from best buy after I persuede her to come with me. We check it out and thought it was a wicked, wicked deal. I am a happy owner of a brand spanking new emachine/acer d620 laptop. The price rival the new netbook that was out. The specs are:
Amd athlon 2650e
1gb ram
160gb Hard disk even thought it only say 139gb I don't know why that is?
14.1 screen
Ati x1200 series graphic card
dvdrw/cdrw drive with lightscribe I don't even use lightscribe
802.11 b/g wifi built in
Windows vista home
dos usb,uno vga ports
No express slot which is ok since wifi is built in

This is mind blasting. The fact wifey only cought up 3 beans is mind blasting. With windows vista and only 1 gb of ram it slows it down. I will upgrade to Xp since I like it better, huh? I mean downgrade. Vista is pretty, Xp is simple and stable. I don't know if this will help with the lag. Still for 3 beans this is a wicked deal. Just to have this for internet and downloading is fine. This is my first notebook and I am trilled with it.

No comments:

post no bill

kontera